Garden Herbs 101
Interested in learning the basics about herbs?
Join Farmer Liz in a discussion about culinary, medicinal, and aromatic herbs that will cover the following:
- What are Herbs?
- The Properties of 12 Easy-to-Grow Herbs (anise hyssop, basil, chamomile, lavender, lemon balm, lovage, mint, oregano, parsley, sage, sorrel, thyme)
- How to Grow Your Own Herbs (annuals, perennials, container garden options)
- Using, Drying and Storing for winter
- Sourcing Herb Seeds and Roots
- Questions and Answers
- Come out and see, smell, touch, and taste!
Have you ever wondered how cheese is made? Farmer Kathy will give a demonstration on how to make cheese and talk about milking animals, pasteurization, cultures and rennet, handling of whey, pH evaluation, heating & stretching mozzarella, and different types of cheese. Flint Hill Farm produces high quality cheeses, including chevre, mozzarella, and cheddar (samples provided).
What’s involved in keeping bees and collecting honey? What are the problems facing bees today? And what can we do to help? Come out and join in the discussion.