Want to learn more about our local food economy? Come participate in fun activities presented by organizations involved in different aspects of getting food from the farm to the table.
- Vote for your favorite, seasonal produce.
- Do a blind taste-testing of ugly vs perfect veggies and fruit.
- Test your knowledge of the Lehigh Valley local food system and win prizes!
- Visit the Taste Photo Booth.
- And so much more!
The following organizations will be joining us:
- Penn State Extension
- Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture
- Alliance for Sustainable Communities
- Plant a Row Lehigh Valley
- Lehigh Valley Food Policy Council – Community Gardens working group
- Lehigh Valley Food Policy Council – Food Recovery and Respect working group
- Lehigh Valley Planning Commission
- New Bethany Ministries
- Kellyn Foundation’s Eat Real Food Mobile Market (outside PBS39)
- Rodale Institute
- Bethlehem Food Co-op
- United Way
- Wegmans Bethlehem Store
- Northampton County Farmland Preservation
- artist Ann Elizabeth Schlegel
- Fig Bethlehem
- Healthy Corner Stores program
12 – 4 PM Book Signing: The New Ukrainian Cookbook
Annette Ogrodnik Corona is a longtime freelance food writer and author, cooking instructor, and caterer who resides here in Bethlehem. Her book, The New Ukrainian Cookbook was voted Best Eastern European Cookbook in the USA in 2012. In this collection of over 225 traditional and modern recipes culled from her own extensive repertoire, Annette shares her Ukrainian grandmother’s culinary secrets and cooking strategies, and the results are easy-to-follow recipes: rich in aroma, taste and nutrition, and varied enough for any night of the week. Stop by and purchase a copy, and she will be happy to sign it for you!
$5 Voucher Giveaway
Be one of the first 1,000 people to visit Chipotle’s booth and receive a $5 voucher good at any vendor in the Farmers’ Market!